[en] Change to wiki account system and account renaming[ویرایش]
Some accounts will soon be renamed due to a technical change that the developer team at Wikimedia are making. More details on Meta.
(Distributed via global message delivery ۳۰ آوریل ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۰۳:۳۳ (UTC). Wrong page? Correct it here.)
[en] Change to section edit links[ویرایش]
The default position of the "edit" link in page section headers is going to change soon. The "edit" link will be positioned adjacent to the page header text rather than floating opposite it.
Section edit links will be to the immediate right of section titles, instead of on the far right. If you're an editor of one of the wikis which already implemented this change, nothing will substantially change for you; however, scripts and gadgets depending on the previous implementation of section edit links will have to be adjusted to continue working; however, nothing else should break even if they are not updated in time.
Detailed information and a timeline is available on meta.
Ideas to do this all the way to 2009 at least. It is often difficult to track which of several potential section edit links on the far right is associated with the correct section, and many readers and anonymous or new editors may even be failing to notice section edit links at all, since they read section titles, which are far away from the links.
(Distributed via global message delivery ۳۰ آوریل ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۱۸:۲۳ (UTC). Wrong page? Correct it here.)
- Recent software changes
- (Not all changes will affect you.)
- The latest version of MediaWiki (version 1.22/wmf4) was added to non-Wikipedia wikis on May 13, and to the English Wikipedia (with a Wikidata software update) on May 20. It will be updated on all other Wikipedia sites on May 22.  
- A software update will perhaps result in temporary issues with images. Please report any problems you notice. 
- MediaWiki recognizes links in twelve new schemes. Users can now link to SSH, XMPP and Bitcoin directly from wikicode. 
- VisualEditor was added to all content namespaces on mediawiki.org on May 20. 
- A new extension ("TemplateData") was added to all Wikipedia sites on May 20. It will allow a future version of VisualEditor to edit templates. 
- New sites: Greek Wikivoyage and Venetian Wiktionary joined the Wikimedia family last week; the total number of project wikis is now 794.  
- The logo of 18 Wikipedias was changed to version 2.0 in a third group of updates. 
- The UploadWizard on Commons now shows links to the old upload form in 55 languages (bug 33513). 
- Future software changes
- The next version of MediaWiki (version 1.22/wmf5) will be added to Wikimedia sites starting on May 27. 
- An updated version of Notifications, with new features and fewer bugs, will be added to the English Wikipedia on May 23. 
- The final version of the "single user login" (which allows people to use the same username on different Wikimedia wikis) is moved to August 2013. The software will automatically rename some usernames. 
- A new discussion system for MediaWiki, called "Flow", is under development. Wikimedia designers need your help to inform other users, test the prototype and discuss the interface. .
- The Wikimedia Foundation is hiring people to act as links between software developers and users for VisualEditor. 
If you want to continue to receive the next issues every week, please subscribe to the newsletter. You can subscribe your personal talk page and a community page like this one. The newsletter can be translated into your language.You can also become a tech ambassador, help us write the next newsletter and tell us what to improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. guillom ۲۰ مه ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۲۰:۳۱ (UTC)
Test wiki for RTL languages[ویرایش]
Hello, Sorry for writing in English. I hope someone translates this. Amir Ahorani and I are working on specialized test wiki for RTL languages in order to test upcoming mediawiki features like Echo. It’s very basic now but we are trying to improve it and you can help by working on it and if you think something is missed ask me or Amir to add it. You can read more in Wikimedia Blog Thanks, Amir ۳۱ مه ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۰۹:۳۱ (UTC) (Distributed via Global message delivery: wrong page? [[m: Distribution list/Global message delivery/RTL langs|correct the list of targets]].)
Hi, apologies for posting this in English, but I wanted to alert your community to a discussion on Meta about potential changes to the Wikimedia Trademark Policy. Please translate this statement if you can. We hope that you will all participate in the discussion; we also welcome translations of the legal team’s statement into as many languages as possible and encourage you to voice your thoughts there. Please see the Trademark practices discussion (on Meta-Wiki) for more information. Thank you! --Mdennis (WMF) (talk)
(Sorry for writing in English. You can translate the proposal.)
Should X!'s edit counter retain the opt-in requirement? Your input is strongly encouraged. Voice your input here.—cyberpower ChatAutomation ۲۳ ژوئن ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۰۴:۲۴ (UTC)
- Distributed via Global message delivery. (Wrong page? Fix here.)
Universal Language Selector will be enabled on 2013-07-09[ویرایش]
On July 9, 2013, Universal Language Selector (ULS) will be enabled on this wiki. The ULS provides a flexible way to configure and deliver language settings like interface language, fonts, and input methods (keyboard mappings). Making it available here is the last phase of making ULS available on all Wikimedia wikis.
Please read the announcement on Meta-Wiki for more information. Siebrand ۴ ژوئیه ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۱۲:۲۴ (UTC) (via Global message delivery).
Pywikipedia is migrating to git[ویرایش]
Hello, Sorry for English but It's very important for bot operators so I hope someone translates this. Pywikipedia is migrating to Git so after July 26, SVN checkouts won't be updated If you're using Pywikipedia you have to switch to git, otherwise you will use out-dated framework and your bot might not work properly. There is a manual for doing that and a blog post explaining about this change in non-technical language. If you have question feel free to ask in mw:Manual talk:Pywikipediabot/Gerrit, mailing list, or in the IRC channel. Best Amir (via Global message delivery). ۲۳ ژوئیه ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۱۳:۰۹ (UTC)
First, I’d like to apologize for the English. If you can, please help to translate this for other members of your community.
The legal team at the Wikimedia Foundation would greatly appreciate your input on the best way to manage the "community logo" (pictured here) to best balance protection of the projects with community support. Accordingly, they have created a “request for consultation” on Meta where they set out briefly some of the issues to be considered and the options that they perceive. Your input would be invaluable in helping guide them in how best to serve our mission.
Thank you! --Mdennis (talk) (via the Global message delivery system). ۲۴ سپتامبر ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۰۲:۲۳ (UTC) (wrong page? You can fix it.)
(This message is in English, please translate as needed)
Notifications will inform users about new activity that affects them on this wiki in a unified way: for example, this new tool will let you know when you have new talk page messages, edit reverts, mentions or links -- and is designed to augment (rather than replace) the watchlist. The Wikimedia Foundation's editor engagement team developed this tool (code-named 'Echo') earlier this year, to help users contribute more productively to MediaWiki projects.
We're now getting ready to bring Notifications to almost all other Wikimedia sites, and are aiming for a 22 October deployment, as outlined in this release plan. It is important that notifications is translated for all of the languages we serve.
There are three major points of translation needed to be either done or checked:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface - you must have an account on translatewiki to translate
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia. You do not have to have an account to translate on mediawiki, but single-user login will create it for you there if you follow the link.
Please let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about this new tool. For more information, visit this project hub and this help page. Keegan (WMF) (talk) ۴ اکتبر ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۱۸:۳۰ (UTC)
- (via the Global message delivery system) (wrong page? You can fix it.)
Speak up about the trademark registration of the Community logo.[ویرایش]
Please join the consultation about the Community logo that represents Meta-Wiki: m:Community Logo/Request for consultation.
This community consultation was commenced on September 24. The following day, two individuals filed a legal opposition against the registration of the Community logo.
The question is whether the Wikimedia Foundation should seek a collective membership mark with respect to this logo or abandon its registration and protection of the trademark.
We want to make sure that everyone get a chance to speak up so that we can get clear direction from the community. We would therefore really appreciate the community's help in translating this announcement from English so that everyone is able to understand it.
IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[ویرایش]
Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was recently adopted by global community consensus (your community received a notice about the discussion). According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the new admin activity review here.
We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):
- Komeil 4life (administrator)
These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.
However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --MF-Warburg (بحث) ۱۲ اکتبر ۲۰۱۳، ساعت ۱۶:۳۹ (UTC)
لطفا در نظرخواهی شرکت کنین- دوستدار ایران بزرگ